Thursday, June 19, 2008

Shopping Trip

In the middle of the chaos at our WalMart I had a wonderful shopping trip. I was standing on the cereal isle trying to find Brenden's cereal when an associate came up and asked me if I needed help finding something. I said yes and told him what kind I was looking for. He said I will go check in back. He was in the middle of stocking and had not gotten to that yet. I was thankful that he took the time to help me. It is hard explaining to a 3 year old they don't have the cereal you like and mommy approves of. So off the the check out. I have gone to the same person the last few times I have been in there. She is nice, doesn't take her stress out on my produce, and puts more than 2 things in a sack. While I was visiting Brenden found a penny on the ground. He was so proud of this penny. The woman behind us saw his excitement and gave him more change from her coin purse. How precious is that. Of course Brenden wouldn't even acknowledge her existence. I have to tell people that he has been taught not to talk to strangers. I don't want them to fell offended by him not speaking. He is so bashful. We don't have to worry about him talking to strangers!
I guess Dean hasn't been to Walmart today.:o) And if you have you should know it didn't effect my trip at all. Please continue with the stories. It is hilarious. Probably not so much for you but I do get a kick out of reading it.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

holy cow, a positive shopping experience in Monticello IS possible, haha!

RADstitches said...

I hate it when people act so horrible just because they have to help me get something in Wal-mart. This happened to me in Crossett WM last week.. I needed something in the fabric section so I rang the bell... and rang the bell.... then beat the crap out of the bell... I promise I was there for 15 minutes only because I HAD to have what I was waiting on.. this woman was TICKED when she came around the corner... She practically jerked the item out of my hand, slammed it down and was throwing things around... I turned and looked at my 10 year old and her eyes were HUGE.. I just watched the lady.. Finally I said... YOU HAVING A BAD DAY? She BIT my head off by saying NOBODY WILL STAY IN THERE AREAS!!! I just just in a very nice voice... OK, and that is MY fault?!?! You should have seen the look on her face! If I would have had time I would have turned her tail in! EVERY single time I see this woman she has the same attitude! I went to walk off and she goes.. have a good day..and it took everything in her body to get that out of her mouth!!! I said I was until I came back her and got waitied on! LOL The look on her face was priceless. I was SO nice when I said that too! Then I just smiled and walked away!

Mandy said...

Oh I hope all of the construction and rearranging makes our WM a better place to shop... if only they'd get better customer service folks. I too have the same few people I always go to. Even if their lines are super long, I'll stand there! I ALWAYS try to be encouraging to them when I'm getting my items checked by saying something about how nice they are, how I came to them on purpose, and how I can't imagine how tired they get standing there and moving about all day and yet they still make a point to be friendly. It's important that someone builds them up!

Wanted to let you know that I responded to your shots question in the comments section of my blog. :)

Mom of these kids said...

I will have to say, I have had much better WM shopping experiences in Maumelle and at WM in Chenal, but I have still had plenty of bad shopping experiences up here too!

I do remember one of our first trips to WM after we moved to Little Rock, I had a really friendly cashier, and then, this sweet old man bought me and my 3 kids a coke just to be nice! He had been telling me all about his 5 kids growing up, and then he bought us that drink. It made my day.