Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Another not so good morning

Blaine had to get shots this morning. I was sick to my stomach last night and this morning thinking about it. He did pretty good. I just can't stand to hold him while they do it and to have to put him through it. It breaks my heart. On a good note. I was going to say something about him getting 5 today and see if I could just get a couple and come back in a few weeks and get the rest. I don't think it is good to get that many at once. Well I didn't have to say anything. They only gave him 2 today and he will go back at 15 months to get the others. Some may say to get them over all at once but after doing some research and reading this post I am glad they changed it up. Brenden had to get all 5 at once and it was horrible.
Blaine is sleeping and I hope he will for a while. He is on meds so I hope he doesn't have any weird side effects or fever.
Tomorrow we have a well visit in Little Rock. I have decided after going back and forth on the issue to use a pediatrician in LR. Every time I go here I have drama. The dr doesn't take the time with me, prescribes unnecessary meds, misdiagnoses them and after 4 months on one drug go to a different dr to be diagnosed as something totally different, takes your kid and does tests on them without telling you what the tests are, and almost lets your kid die before getting them out of this hospital, and allows staff to do things to your child behind your back that is the cause of your child being sick! So needless to say after using several of our drs here and having several traumatic experiences we are moving on to LR.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Monticello Medical gave Jordan some "unknown" shots when she was a baby...... we were there for vaccines..... the nurse came back and acted funny, but said nothing. Called me that afternoon and said "you know, you will have to bring your baby back, because we gave her the wrong shots, well, not really the WRONG ones, I just only gave her dilluting solution instead of the medicine..."

This was the first and only time she had a reaction to shots. I have no clue what they gave my child. This is when we switched back to a local dr from having used a pediatrician. When that happened, we went BACK to LR to our pediatrician!!

We now use Jeff Reinhart, which I love, who has been awesome, and very thorough with my kids.

Mom of these kids said...

Since we moved to LR, we are using pediatricians at the Children's hospital clinic, and I have had a great experience. My son has asthma, and I have been MUCH more pleased with how the docs here have informed me and also handled him. Everytime we go there, everyone is so nice, and thorough.