Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Comfort Zone

I recently leaped from my comfort zone. I am so glad I did. The Lord answers prayer. You may have to go through some junk first but that will make you appreciate it when He answers you.
I was invited to a pool party which if you know me is not my idea of fun getting in a bathing suit in front of people. But I did go. Did not swim though. I know party pooper! The pool party was a kick off to a women's Bible study. I was still out of my comfort zone at the thought of going to another function not hosted by my church. Why? Don't know just was. Today I had no fear and just went. The study is wonderful and the women are just the cherry on top of the sundae. I am so excited to grow in my walk and being able to meet new people that are there to learn and be honest.
I do have a tendency to talk and not listen. Being in a group you don't know you tend to listen so you can learn about them. I grew up in the church I am in. There is nothing wrong with being at home but when you stay at home you think you know everything and there is nothing left to learn. I am enjoying learning new things and meeting new people. I really needed this.

3 comments:

S and J said...

Yay! I'm so glad to hear you are loving it!!! I'm very proud of you little sista.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you came. See you next Wednesday.

Sugar-n-Spice said...

we are enjoying getting to know you, too! ;) although i can't imagine you talking too much, as quiet as you've been. ;)

my husband and i will actually be visiting your church some in the near future. (he's filling in as music minister some) I will be the one feeling awkward, and getting to walk a minute in your shoes (worshipping with a different church family). my husband never has that problem. he should run for president! tee-hee.