Sunday, January 11, 2009

My oldest is eating me out of house and home.

About time. He ate more than I did at lunch and supper almost as much as his daddy did! He hasn't been a big eater since he was 20 months or so. He has never had extra storage just normal on his percentiles. Guess he is having another growth spurt this winter! I already had to get more pants because he grew in height. My little man will be as tall as I am before I know it. Tall and skinny like his daddy. Adjustable waist or slim fit everything. If not it falls right off. Even the slim fit we have to put tucks in them. So glad I have a mom that sews or he would be walking around with safety pins to hold up his pants.


My sweet little one has always been smaller than his big brother was. So cute and little but I fear he is on his way to catching up with his big brother! He can't stay little forever. I want both of them to be tall like their daddy.

I was thinking about it and I have a year and a half before Brenden starts kindergarten! No way! I think I will be crying my eyes out his whole first year. It is pretty easy to stay home with them the hard part is having to slowly let him go and grow up. It tares my heart right out of my chest sometimes. I want them to stay little as long as they can. This world it too hard and cold and I don't want them to get hurt. My sister has a saying she uses. God protects us under an umbrella. There are storms going on everywhere but His umbrella is always there to protect us. I pray that for my kids all the time. I can't protect them from everything no matter how hard or how much I try. But my Savior has all the power I can imagine and more to protect them. I read a book when I first had Brenden called Every Child Needs a Praying Mom. It talked mostly about school aged kids but I have prayed for my kids before I conceived them. I enjoyed reading another mom's testimony and how the power of prayer lifted up their kids. It has been a while since I read that. I think I will read it again soon. Right after Multiple Blessings that a friend loaned me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can remember Ashton did this at the beginning of school. We had to buy him brand new pants because they were basically at his ankles. On top of pants he needed new shoes. Growth spurts. Sometimes it would be nice if it was just one thing at a time.