Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Boys are just boys

I have noticed that the more Blaine wants to be like his big brother the more Brenden aggravates Blaine. As many things as we have to play with the both fight over the same thing. And if I dare suggest Brenden go play in his room with the door shut for a little while so you can have a break from sharing and being nice he thinks it is the worst punishment ever. But I don't want to play by myself. Then why in the world are you being so mean to your brother? You know the one you have to play with. Craziness I say! I fear this is only the beginning and it will get lots worse. Okay sis how in the world did you raise your kids to play so well with each other and respect each other??????? I am clueless. Always try to be kind to each other. Matthew 22:37 is repeated to Brenden over and over. Isn't that what Jesus says for us to do okay so lets try again. I am so glad we have scripture to back up our parenting principles and I try to use it when I know the scripture to use. Funny though because Brenden learned this one in Sunday school and I added it to the one's he is memorizing. He knows it well and I hope this will help him apply scriptures to every day life. It helps me too.

1 comment:

S and J said...

They will learn over time....seeing his mommy and daddy modeling respect for each other is their greatest teacher!