Thursday, January 3, 2008

I read a blog the other day and they were talking about forgiveness. It got me to thinking about myself and if I do well at forgiving people. I would say that I do when it is easy for me. I know that I let somethings go but hold on to others. But as I have thought more about it, I worry more about other people forgiving me for my faults. There are things that have happened in high school that I still think about. When this comes up I turn it right back over to God because I know I have asked Him for forgiveness and the enemy is just trying to make me doubt. There are other times when I do something stupid in the moment and wish I hadn't that I dwell on also. Sometimes I ask that person for forgiveness and other times I ask My God for forgiveness. And then the situation is not my responsibility anymore. Back to me forgiving. There are things that like Barry and I may disagree on and it is so important at the time then the next day I couldn't tell you what it was about. I know that is God allowing that forgiveness because there are other times that it is a built up grudge against that person and it doesn't matter what they do it is wrong. That is the enemy. And I am allowing that to use up my energy. There are other times that I will have a bad experience in public, which seems to happen often lately which makes me appreciate staying at home and not dealing with the public as much, and I rant about it all day and make it a horrible day for everyone that will listen. That is the enemy. I am allowing him to pass on my negative atitude to other people and influence them. Forgiveness. It is hard. Hard to swallow no matter what end you are on. But to allow the enemy to use me for anything is a lot harder to swallow.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I am on the same page.