Saturday, January 5, 2008

I finally started potty training. We are making progress. I tried before but he cried and so I did not push the issue. Now he has no choice. Also before Blaine was about to be born so it wasn't good timing with that about to consume our time for a while. I know he is smart enough to understand, and he does, but it is a new ballgame that he has to get comfortable with. If you know my child at all you know he doesn't do new things with out being forced. He will make a great Southern Baptist! So if you are not seeing us around or hearing from me like normal it is because I am running back and forth to the potty and to Blaine like a chicken with its head cut off!!!
Blaine is growing!! I cannot believe he will be 7 months old in less than a week. Only 4 months until he starts to be weaned from me!!! And I will be free at last. Not that I don't enjoy my time with him because after that it will be on his terms only. His bottom teeth just shine! And he is scooting around everywhere. He will get up on all fours and rock! Too cute! Until the day he figures out how to crawl then my house will be in shambles. Brenden will flip out if Blaine messes with his stuff and I will be going crazy. I can't wait!! Seriously that is why I am a mom. I love the thought of my kids growing up and becoming these people that I raised. I never want to miss a moment. I am so thankful and blessed that God has provided the means for me to stay at home and not miss any of the moments. Yes there are days I would love to lock myself in my bathroom and soak in peace, but there are also days that I don't want them out of my lap. I am a snuggling mom. I could sit and rock all day. I am not so good at the playing thing. That is Barry's area. He is great at it. I am too structured for that. Brenden plays with me for 5 minutes and is so bored he rather play by himself. Hey at least I can admit it!

Well think about me for awhile!! I will need prayer!! Not for patience! I learned that lesson. I don't pray for that because He will give me situations to learn it!! Not that I won't be put in the position anyway because I could use the lesson. I just don't want to ask for it!! Have a great day!

1 comment:

S and J said...

God made daddy's for playing and momma's for rocking! You go girl!
Way to go Brenden for being such a big boy!!!!