Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Awana


Awana started last week. Brenden was a busy little boy starting his Preschool 2 half days a week and Awana on Wed. night. He has yet to participate in game time but the rest he loves. He is so timid and does not like to do a lot of things with a crowd watching him. Hopefully all of this socialization will help him with that before tball season starts this spring. We are so proud of his hard work playing catch up since we had to miss the first night of getting books but he was so excited he memorized 4 verses to catch up and get his book, vest, and bag this week with the others. When he got home he was singing the scriptures he had learned to his own little tune! I cannot believe my sweet little boy is getting to do all of this. I waited so long to be a mom and be involved in all the activities. I think I am just as excited as he is. I have been so blessed to have the choice to stay home with both of my boys. I want them to socialize with other kids and that is why we are involved in all of these activities so he can be around other kids his age. It is the only chance he really has. I know he is only 3 but other kids that are in daycare or have older siblings have already started this. I just don't want him to have missed out on anything. I want both of my kids to have every opportunity and every experience they can, and I want to start this whole process of memorizing scripture now because I never did and now it is extremely hard for me to. Way too long of a post just to share our proud moment!

No comments: