Wednesday, March 26, 2008

He is already there.

Okay so we see God work in the huge things in our lives but do we recognize Him in the small things. I know this may not be such a big deal to some but to me it was only because the Almighty was at work. Last night me and the boys went to the store while Barry played ball. It is my biggest fear that Brenden will need to go potty in the middle of shopping and I will have Blaine and what do you do. Well of course it happened. I despise the thought of having to use those bathrooms let alone take my kid. Thankfully he is a boy so no sitting for us. But I am trying to think how I am going to pull this off with Blaine. I can't take the shopping cart full of groceries into the bathroom and I can't hold Blaine and help Brenden not make a mess. I round the corner in the middle of trying to figure it all out when a family friend is walking my way. Oh thank you Lord. She stayed and entertained Blaine while I ran Brenden to the restroom. As a mom you learn to juggle but on that one I am not sure how the finale would have turned out. God works for out greater good. I don't like giving up my family time while Barry plays ball. I guess I am selfish especially now that it is warm and the days are longer. We love going on walks and playing in the back yard. So when he goes and does and here I am left again I try to make the most of it and accomplish something. Getting groceries for me is a huge ordeal and I would prefer not to take the boys but I don't want to give up more family time to do it either. So ball night it is. I now realize that in my sacrifice God rewards me and reminds me how He is there. Even when my sacrifice may have been with an unkind heart. I don't say anything to hubby but in my mind I don't like it. So now I need to throw out the negative thoughts and allow God to be near me and work through me.

No comments: