Friday, November 14, 2008

Just curious...

I was thinking the other day how often do other people clean their house. I thought it would be neat to do a poll.
How often do you clean certain things in your house
floors?
bathrooms?
change sheets?
curtains?
dust?
laundry?
ceiling fans?
I am sure I am missing something. Feel free to mention it. Don't really care how clean your house is. I am not in this to pass judgement or think you are a neat freak or dirty. You live in it not me and I do think a home is a place to live not a museum. Ours is comfortable. We do have toys in several rooms and you will find clutter in various places. I try to really clean the floors once a week. I do sweep high traffic areas everyday. Bathrooms and sheets once a week. I despise dusting! Thanks mom for that one.:0) I had to do that chore every week when I was a kid. So if you come to my house and see dust that would be why. Really once a month on that one. Laundry everyday! Fans and curtains a few times a year. Oh try to include if you have kids and how many and if you work or stay at home. I have 2 boys and stay home.

3 comments:

S and J said...

I try for weekly on most things...not that I'm always successful, but that's what I shoot for. Except for washing the curtains....once every year or two on those! :o)

Anonymous said...

I hired a Maid.

Sugar-n-Spice said...

oh, man! i have 6 kids, stay at home (if you call it that...there's an awful lot of running, especially with our foster children who have visits, court, staffings, appointments) and so there's lots of traffic and lots of things that need done often. the kitchen and bathroom floors are swept and mopped EVERY. DAY. (4 of my kids are 4 and under), vacuuming about 2 times a week although lately it's been more because the crumbled leaves tracking in is INSANE! The tubs and toilets get scrubbed weekly, and the kids bring me their bedding once a week. curtains.. well, we moved here 1.5 years ago, and i haven't washed them since. ;) Sounds like a lot of cleaning, but there's a lot of dirtying at my house, too. ;) And the kids have chores, so I'm not actually the one doing all of it. They take care of their own bathroom, even the toilets, tub and floor, they dust, vacuum, and have certain "zones" in the house they are responsible for keeping neat.

Laundry? did you say laundry? oh, my, the laundry!

dear anonymous, could you hire a maid for me, too?