Thursday, July 3, 2008

Women's group

The group of women at Journey have invited me to another party. I could get used to this. I have enjoyed getting to know these women and spending time together in God's Word. I didn't know there would ever be a group that I would have so much in common with. I am excited about the party tonight. There will be lots of food.:o)

We don't have any big plans for the holiday weekend. Barry will be helping my dad on a rent house on his day off tomorrow. Saturday I am not sure. Dad may want to work again so we will see. For those of you that don't know. My dad has picked up a new hobby. He has been buying up houses in town. Mostly in the subdivisions. He will fix them up, somewhat, and then rent them. There are a few he plans to sell later. He always has a project. He gets bored easily and if he doesn't have something going on he will go looking for a project. The latest house had major foundation problems and they just got done putting the house back together, a neat process. Now on to the roof, floors, some fixtures, and I think cabinets. No telling what else. A few of the houses have been fun for me. They left so much stuff behind I had a rummage sale with it and made a more than I ever did at my own sales. One man's trash another man's treasure.

2 comments:

Sugar-n-Spice said...

I had a good time last night! ;) We're glad you came, and are beginning to feel comfortable with us. I love it when lines get blurred...whether they are racial, financial, church, or whatever kind of lines....and friends become friends.

Shelley said...

oooh selling people's leftovers would be fun to me, too, haha!