Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wonderful day


It started out with a little pink. I am out numbered here by males so pink is welcome here all the time! I enjoyed keeping a friend's baby for a little bit while she had something to do. She is 2 months old and so tiny. I enjoyed snuggle time, cooing, laughing, and a little spit up shower. Hey if you can't handle that then it is not worth it to you to enjoy all the other. Those days go so fast with little ones. I wish I could slow down time so we could enjoy them being little like that longer. I have enjoyed every stage so far with my boys but I definitely miss that one. Way later in the day my mom got the boys, overnight I might add. We don't leave them like that very often. Seriously I could count the times Brenden has stayed the night places on 2 hands. We went on a date. To dinner and a movie. We watched Fireproof. I loved it. Such a good movie. My favorite song in the movie is at the top of my blog. The book they talk about in the movie The Love Dare is a real book. If you are interested I have linked it. No marriage is perfect. We all struggle with different things in a marriage but what makes it fireproof is you lasting through the fire. Love it! We will be investing in the book. Can't wait to start on it. Whatever it takes to be fireproof I want!

1 comment:

S and J said...

I'm so glad ya'll got to go see the movie and that you loved it! We loved it too. I cried throughout the whole movie....even at the very beginning when the logo for 'Sherwood Pictures' flashed on the screen! Just the thought of how big God is to have this church in Georgia end up making a major motion picture (3rd one now really!) and later seeing that the gospel is being shared on the big screen for all to see and know the One True God...wow, what a huge big deal especially in this day and age!!! There is NO GREATER PURPOSE than that!!! And the video to that song "While I'm Waiting" is just plain awesome. Showing him continue on with the dailyness of life while waiting for God to work is an amazing picture of truly leaning on the Lord. And the fireman climbing the ladder and looking back at his supervisor thinking he had surely gone high enough already but was waved to keep going higher -- what a perfect picture of stepping out in faith to follow the Lord in obedience even when it goes way
beyond our comfort zone! I was amazed at the depth of spiritual application even for the believer that was portrayed, so that this movie is more than just an amazingly relevant witnessing tool but also a precious reminder of the abundance found when walking with the Lord and truly hearing His voice as we go through the various trials of life. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3b2jw1rjBc