Friday, May 23, 2008

Okay so I am not one of those people that freak out when my kid is running high fever or vomiting but last night I almost spazed. We are still trying to figure it all out but we think that Blaine has a milk allergy. He has broken out in hives three times now and each time with different food so the only common thing is drink and that would be milk. We have stopped nursing and he is on milk fully now. He has been on it for almost a month but was still nursing so not drinking as much milk. This week we totally cut out nursing so he is on nothing but milk. I am not sure why it took so long to hit him but all I know is every time it does it is worse. This morning almost his entire body was red with hives including his face, last night his eye lids and nose were swollen with some hives on his legs, yesterday morning he had a red rash and slight swelling on his face. Sweet baby looked horrible but he played and acted like nothing was bothering him. Never once fussed. I guess his momma was doing enough for the both of us. So now I am stressing. Everything in life has milk in it. What in the world is safe for him? I am also thinking his eczema drama could be milk related. So wish us luck on this new challenge. And no I am not posting pictures of him like that and I didn't take any.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

His eczema can definetly be related. My kids are lactose intolerant, so I know what you are going through.

I gave mine toddler formula for as long as they would drink it, which was till about 2. I think it was "Next step" brand or something like that.