Friday, December 14, 2007

Only a mom gets this excited!

Blaine got his first tooth today!! Only a mom gets this excited about a child's first tooth. It is sad though. A chapter has closed, but a new one is opening. I love watching my kids grow up. They do it way too fast! I am so thankful that I have been able to see every moment as a stay at home mom. My husband and I both felt that is what God wanted us to do and don't get me wrong we could use the money and some days I would love some freedom, but I love almost every moment of everyday with these boys. There is not a job in the world that is more difficult and more rewarding. It cracks me up to watch the battle of working moms and stay at home moms on some of the news shows. They want someone to justify their decision. Guess what! No one can justify your decision for your child other than yourself. So why are you arguing about who is right or wrong unless in the back of your mind you have doubt about your decision. So get on your knees and pray. Yes, God does care about this decision, and about all of the other everyday decisions you make. So pray, then wait. He will answer that prayer. You may even be so bold to give Him a time limit and if He has not answered you by then than it is no. Then be even bolder and ask Him to confirm it. And He will. Even if it is not the answer you thought you wanted you asked and you better follow. There are blessings and lessons at the end of every journey God gives us. I don't want to miss a single one. Especially my blessings. Beth Moore used an illustration in one of her studies, we each have a box in heaven that is unopened. Inside is blessings that God had ready and waiting that we never bothered to ask for. Don't miss yours!! ASK!
Wow! I never intended to start preaching. I guess I was supposed to remind myself of this since the last couple of weeks being a stay at home mom has not felt like such a blessing with sick children. I never said getting your blessing was always fun or easy.

No comments: